Keratosis Pilaris Regimen Kit by DERMAdoctor - KP Duty - Say Goodbye to Chicken Skin

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Too old for Keratosis Pilaris?

I am 30 yrs old and it seems I have developed keratosis pilaris on the front and backs of my thighs. Everything I've read about this skin condition suggests it occurs in teens and disappears by the 30's. Yet, I noticed after getting my legs waxed a few weeks ago that the skin on my legs had turned very pimply, like goosebumps. I can see every hair follicle on my legs - almost like freckles. I thought it was because of the waxing, but now I'm not sure. I don't think I have a vitamin A deficiency as I have taken vitamins everyday for years. I use lotion daily, but my skin seems to be dry anyway. We do have very hard water here in Houston. Could that be a factor in the dry skin? I also noticed my mother seems to have the same problem on her thighs. We both have very pretty legs except for this problem. Will this go away ever? And why did it occur so late? Help!!!

Topic posted on the forum - beautyfashionandstyle.yuku.com/forums/6

No comments:

Keratosis Pilaris Regimen Kit by DERMAdoctor - KP Duty - Say Goodbye to Chicken Skin